Table of Contents
- Orphelins bet selection introduction
- Orphelins numbers
- The 2 Orphelins sectors on a roulette wheel
- Advantages of placing an Orphelins bet
- Rapid Orphelins bets in speedy online roulette games
- FAQ section
- Probability of winning an Orphelins bet
- Potential Orphelins wagering gains and losses
- Tweaking your Orphelins betting game
- Orphelins betting system summary
There are three main French bets or “call bets” players can wager on in the game of roulette. One is “Orphelins” and the other two are “Tier” and “Voisins Du Zero.” These special bet selections can be placed manually or on the racetrack betting layout found on European single-zero roulette wheels.
When an Orphelins bet is made manually, five chips are placed on the grid part of a roulette table betting layout so that eight numbers are bet on. These are straight up, and split bets and the payout odds are 35 to 1 and 17 to 1, respectively.
In land-based casinos only croupiers can place chips on Orphelins using the racetrack area on an actual roulette table betting layout. This is why players have to call bets to croupiers.
However, when playing roulette online, you can select Orphelins on the racetrack yourself and the five chips will appear on the table layout automatically.
Read on to discover what numbers make-up the Orphelins bet, where chips are positioned, and how you can adapt Orphelins bets into a roulette betting system.
In total there are eight numbers that make up the Orphelins betting option.
- One sector holds the following five numbers: 1, 20, 14, 31 and 9.
- The other sector holds the following three numbers: 6, 34, and 17.
The 2 Orphelins Sectors on a Roulette Wheel
The eight Orphelins numbers as seen on a roulette wheel are split into two sectors. The numbered pockets of each sector are grouped together. These two sectors divide the Tier and Voisins Du Zero on the wheel.
Advantages of Placing an Orphelins Bet
The advantages of placing an Orphelins bet is that five chips cover eight numbers on two different areas on a roulette wheel.
Betting Orphelins using the racetrack means you can:
- Bet fast when the croupier speeds up roulette games.
- Bet on all the numbers relating to the two sectors on the Roulette wheel connected to Orphelins numbered pockets.
- Bet the five minimum number of chips needed to cover the eight Orphelins numbers using bet placements designed to pay out the maximum possible odds.
Rapid Orphelins Bets in Speedy Online Roulette Games
You decide when you believe the ball might land in a numbered pocket belonging to Orphelins and click or tap Orphelins on the racetrack betting area. Your 5 chips will then be applied on the table betting layout.
- How do I make an Orphelins bet in a roulette game?
It’s quicker and more convenient to simply select your wagering amount e.g., $1, $5, $10 or whatever you decide. Then click or tap ‘Orphelins’ on the racetrack area.
- What should my Orphelins bet size be?
Select your smallest bet size per chip. E.g., it could be $1, then times five will be your combined minimum unit bet size, which would total $5 since five chips are needed to make the Orphelins bet.
- Can I add to my wager after placing an Orphelins bet?
After you’ve placed an Orphelins bet you might start to feel confident or have a lucky sense about winning and want to add to your stake. You can either click or tap Orphelins again or you could select the option to double your bet. You can also decrease or increase your chip value and then place further Orphelins bets.
- What can I do when I lose on an Orphelins bet?
When you lose on an Orphelins bet you could decide to,
- Skip the next game or several games.
- Bet again.
- Increase or decrease your bet size. If you’re playing the long-game, you might want to use a flat betting strategy.
- Stop betting should your bankroll not generate a profit.
- What are the Orphelins winning payout odds?
Not only is the Orphelins betting system designed to cover its 8 numbers using only 5 chips, it does so by arranging those chips in line with the highest paying odds to maximize pay-outs.
In roulette the payout odds are 35 to 1 for a straight-up, one number win and 17 to 1 for split win, when one of the two numbers is won on. Plus, your stake on the number won on is returned too.
- There’s one straight-up bet which is for the number 1 pocket that forms part of the Orphelins betting system. After your five-chip outlay, you’ll profit by +31 chips. Calculated as follows: +35 win +1 chip wager returned, less -5 chips staked = total profit +31.
- If you win on number 17 within the Orphelins betting system, you’ll be paid out on two 17-to-1 splits. The total win is equivalent to one straight-up payout win. Calculated as follows: +17 win TWICE = +34, +2 chips wagers returned, less -5 chips staked = total profit +31.
- If you win on any of the other Orphelins numbers i.e., numbers: 6, 9, 14, 20, 31 or 34 you’ll receive +13 chips profit. Calculated as follows: +17 win ONCE = +17, +1 chip wager returned, less -5 chips staked = total profit +13.
Probability of Winning an Orphelins Bet
Hypothetically, assuming all 37 numbers (including single zero) occur once within 37 games, you’ll almost have a 1 in 4 chance of winning. (37 divided by 8 = 4.625).
Potential Orphelins Wagering Gains and Losses
Winning on any one of the following:
- Six Orphelins numbers increases your five-chip outlay by 160% (5 plus 160% = +13).
- And any two of the Orphelins numbers increases your five-chip outlay by 520% (5 plus 520% = +31).
However, it’s vital you exit a session when in profit. And of course, the above is reliant upon the Orphelins occurring in frequent clusters. Assuming too that a winning streak occurred when your bankroll was at break-even point.
- If in every 37 games every number on a wheel was an outcome your outlay would be -5 x 37 = -185.
- The total return for having won on all eight Orphelins numbers once = 140. Calculated as follows: +31 profit twice = +62 AND +13 profit times 6 = +78 total return +140. And +140, -185 = -45 which is the equivalent of nine losing games given five chips are needed per game.
Of course, as noted above, this is assuming all numbers on a roulette wheel have their fair share of outcome appearances. But given roulette is a random game of chance, there’s no way of knowing how often Orphelins numbers might occur when betting on them.
Tweaking your Orphelins betting game
Deciding when to bet and how much to stake might give you an edge moreover over longer roulette sessions. For instance:
- If the ball is landing in Orphelins often such as:
- Yes, No, Yes
- Yes, No, No, Yes
- Yes, No, No, No, Yes
then you could double down or increase wagers if there are say no more than two or three losses in a row before a number in Orphelins occurs again.
- If the ball lands in numbers in the Voisins or Tiers sectors and outcomes are not favoring the Orphelins numbers, you might decide not to bet and to wait for the scenario as I explained in point 1 above to start occurring again.
- Or you may decide to continue betting, but reduce your bet size significantly.
Finding trends within patterns made up of winning and losing outcomes can save you chips and gain you chips when using a STOP-LOSS and decreasing wagers.
Such methods can give you more control in roulette gambling games. This allows you to assess the probabilities of when Orphelins is likely or unlikely to occur based on the patterns and trends of previous outcomes.
- If the ball is Orphelins numbers sticky, revisiting the sectors often, you might want to increase your wagers until the streak of wins dries up. You can experiment with the percentage of bet size increases and decreases to better your game.
Orphelins Betting System Summary
How the Orphelins system performs in terms of profit or loss is dependent upon what approach you take when betting on its numbers.
- You could hope for streaks of Orphelins wins and stop playing when in profit.
- Or in the instance of continued betting over many games, you could partake in some analyses which is essential for deciding when to adjust your bet size.
The Orphelins betting system is worth a try given that the chip placement aims to maximize profits and Orphelins winning streaks can occur.